How do I enter?
- Briefly describe why you deserve to win
- Briefly tell us about yourself
- Briefly describe what you hope to accomplish during your gap experience
What else should I know before making my Video?
- Do not include music, third-party logos or any copyrighted material in your Video, including on your clothing or in the background. The only logos permitted are those belonging to Otter or LifeProof.
- Your Video should feature only you. You shouldn’t include other people, even in the background.
- You must be the rightful owner of the Video and have the rights necessary to submit the Video for consideration and use in the Contest.
- Your Video must not violate the content restrictions, as detailed in Section 3 of the Official Rules.
Can anyone enter?
- To enter, you must be a legal U.S. resident physically residing within the fifty (50) U.S. or D.C and you must be 18 years or older and the age of majority.
- You must NOT be under any contractual obligation with any company or organization which might be a conflict of interest or interfere with your ability to participate in the Contest or sign the Contest releases.
I’ve submitted an entry; now what?
- If there are any issues with your Video portion of your entry, you will be contacted by the Contest Administrator (Creative Zing Promotion Group) to troubleshoot the issue(s).
- Otherwise, if you are chosen as one of the up to 10 potential Finalists, you will receive an email on or about June 4, 2019 from the Contest Administrator to confirm your eligibility and obtain releases, according to Section 4 of the Official Rules.
FINALISTS & GRAND PRIZE WINNERS
What happens if I’m selected as a Finalist?
- You will be required to attend a Finalist Audition at LifeProof Headquarters in San Diego, CA, where you will participate in in-person interviews and complete social media assignments utilizing LifeProof products. The Finalist Audition is tentatively set to take place from Sunday, July 14 – Wednesday, July 17, 2019. Travel accommodations will be provided, as described in Section 5 of the Official Rules.
- You must consent to a background check. Such background check may include (but is not limited to) investigation of criminal or other arrest or conviction record, and any other factor deemed relevant by Contest Entities.
What is the Grand Prize?
- 1.) Winner will receive an initial cash stipend of $5,000;
- 2.) Contest Entities will assist the Winner with select travel coordination and prepayment of roundtrip airfare to and from the Winner’s home market and prepayment of any pre-planned lodging accommodations; and
- 3.) The remaining balance after the initial stipend, the prepaid airfare and the prepaid lodging expenses will be distributed to the Winner in approximately four (4) equal payments at the end of each two (2) week period throughout the duration of the Winner’s Gap Year Experience and contingent on the delivery of the “Assignment Materials” as defined in the Official Rules. During the Gap Year Experience and as a condition of receiving the prize, each Winner will be required to document and share his or her Gap Year Experience using select LifeProof products, provided by the Sponsor for such purpose. Further instructions will be provided to the Grand Prize Winners by the Sponsor or Administrator prior to fulfillment of the experience.
If I am selected as a Grand Prize Winner, will I have to pay taxes?
- Yes, prizes valued over $600 are deemed “miscellaneous income” by the IRS. Each Grand Prize Winner is responsible for paying the applicable federal, state and/or local taxes. Creative Zing, the Contest Administrator will issue an IRS Form 1099 to each Grand Prize Winner for the actual value of the prize received.
- As part of the Grand Prize, each Grand Prize Winner will also be awarded $7,500 in the form of a check to help offset income tax liability for the year in which the prize is fulfilled.
How do I upload an UNLISTED video to YouTube?
- 1.) Once you have an account, sign in and click the “Upload” button in the top right corner.
- 2.) Click “Select files to upload” or simply drag your video file from the folder where you saved it to the browser window, and it will upload.
- 3.) Fill in the video title including the two (2) Hashtags #LifeProofGapYear and #Contest (leave the description blank).
- 4.) The default Privacy Setting will display as “Public”; for the purpose of this Contest you must change the setting to “Unlisted.”
- 5.) Then click “Done” to save the changes to your video.
- 6.) Copy the URL listed under “Upload Status,” return to the Contest entry page and paste the URL into the YouTube Video Link entry form field at the time of Entry into the Contest.
- 7.) Complete all required fields and click “Submit”
Who is the sponsor of this contest?
- The sponsor of this contest is Otter Products, LLC, (d/b/a LifeProof)
- Questions regarding contest logistics should be directed to the contest administrator, as detailed below.
Who do I contact if I have a question that wasn’t answered in the FAQ?
- If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com
- Emails will be answered within 24-hours (Monday – Friday)
- Business Hours: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Eastern Time (Monday - Friday)