Take your iPhone along, wherever life may take you. The LifeProof iPhone case delivers the highest level of waterproof, shock-proof, dirt-proof protection in an incredibly low profile – a mere 1.5mm increase to each edge!
Your LifeProof™ everyday case for iPhone 4 or 4S is sleek, refined, convenient and unobtrusive.
- Protects against every-day hazards—full IP-68 rating against water and dust, and designed to Military Specifications
- High degree of shock and impact protection—tested to Military Specifications MIL-STD-810F-516.5 (2 meters/6.6ft drop on all surfaces and edges. 26 tests)
- Fully sealed protection against minute dust particles
- Includes bonus General User Headphone Adaptor and Keeper for headphone jack cover
- Ability to swim and take underwater (2 meters/6.6ft depth). Optional Swimming Headphone Adapter allows use of waterproof headphones underwater
- Mil-Spec protection that allows you to go anywhere, anytime, and do anything with carefree freedom
- Ultra-slim and adds only 1/16” (1.5mm) when measured from the center of the phone
- Weighs less than an ounce (28g).
- Unique combination of materials that will not stick to your pocket
- Compatible with all iPhone 4 and 4S models (International carriers, AT&T, Sprint and Verizon).
- Full Functionality
- Double AR-coated optical glass lenses provide unprecedented crystal-clear photo and video quality
- All phone features are operational while maintaining a high level of protection
- Improves the bass and mid-frequency speaker response by utilizing the back of the case as a sub-woofer for a richer, fuller sound.
EVERY SINGLE CASE WATER TESTED
To give you confidence to go everywhere with your LifeProof iPhone, iPod and iPad we water test each and every case we make. Not only that, after the test an independent agent performs additional testing and even puts randomly selected cases through a second water test. We never ship a case unless it has been successfully tested. As LifeProof employees we use our cases every day, so we only make cases we trust ourselves!
DESIGNED TO MEET OR EXCEED THESE SPECIFICATIONS:
Military Standard 810F-516
MIL STD 810 F is the standard that addresses a broad range of environmental conditions, with MIL STD 810F-516 being the section of the standard that is specific to functional drop.
This standard requires that the item can physically and functionally withstand the relatively infrequent, non-repetitive shocks encountered in handling, transportation, and service environments. This may include an assessment of the overall material system integrity for safety purposes in any one or all of the handling, transportation, and service environments.
IEL 60529 is the standard for Ingress Protection from water and dust for enclosures. IP-68 is the most rigorous classification in this specification.
The first characteristic number describes protection from solid foreign objects. An enclosure with a characteristic number of 6 can withstand exposure to circulating talcum powder for 8 hours with no dust ingress after that period.
The second characteristic number describes protection against water. An enclosure with a characteristic number of 8 exceeds all other water protection levels and is specified by the manufacturer. For LifeProof, number 8 signifies LifeProof cases will withstand immersion in water to a depth of 2 meters / 6.6 feet for 60 minutes.
|Case Dimensions||2.6" (W) x 5.08" (L) x 0.52"(D) (66mm (W) x 129mm (L) x 13.3mm (D) )|
|Case Weight||0.98 oz. (28g)|
|Operating Temperature iPhone||32°F (0°C) to 95°F (35°C)|
|Temperature range for LifeProof Case alone||-40°F (-40°C) to 140°F (+60°C)|
|Operational Depth||6.6 feet (2 meters) underwater maximum|
|Drop Height||6.6 feet (2 meters) maximum|
Great awesome fabulous simply the best LIFEPROOF!!!! Anyone with a iPhone needs this case, I need a case for my iPad and you do too!!! – Paul B.
I can say not only is lifeproof water proof, dust proof and shock proof but it's also "car" proof. My wife left her phone on her car by accident. It fell off on a major 4 lane highway. The phone was ran over by a car. The case saved my wife's phone. It broke apart and but the phone still works with minor scratches. Now she gets to have the pink lifeproof case she wanted. – Dana G.
I just wanted to let ya know that your product saved me $500. Somehow my iphone 4s ened up in my ice box in the freezer. It was misplaced there for 15 hours. Ten minutes after I found it, the phone started working again. Thank you!!!! – Sarah P.
I work for the fire department and have had my case for almost two days now. Last night while on a call, my phone fell out of my truck and onto a dirt road. I didn't realize that my phone was missing until I got back to the fire station. After an hour of trying to figure out where my phone was, we finally located the iPhone through Apple's iPhone tracker. The phone was still in the road and face down in the dirt. The back of the case had a tire mark across it where either the rescue truck or the police cruiser backed over it. When I picked up the phone, the protective screen of the case was scratched pretty bad, sand was packed in every crack, and there were a few scratches all around. When I got backed to the station I pulled the phone out of the case. Much to my amazement, the phone was undamaged! I cleaned the case up and put the phone back in it. Unfortunately the screen protector is severely scratched, but I am going to continue to use the case until I can afford another. The picture is impressive! Thanks for a product that actually does what it says it will do. I am a true believer! – Mark S.
Hello, my name is Steve and I purchased a IPhone case from you a few months ago. I just wanted to express how happy I am with your product. I work for a irrigation and well company and constantly put your case through hell whether it be dirt, sand, mud, or water your product has protected my phone. Due to how well the case has performed at my job I decided to bring it along with me on a 10 kilometer obstacle course called Mudman X, whch was held in Lakewood, NJ. The case was submerged for over twenty minutes in muddy water and took many impacts. I figured I would just let you know how great of a product that you have. – Steve B.
I love their product!!! Completely AWESOME!!! The customer service is great!!! I love Rex the best!!! – Sandi H.
Just had a quick story to share. Tonight I went on a 5 mile run through town. I had my iphone with me to track the mileage -- it was nestled carefully in the top cup holder in my son's stroller. At the halfway point on my run, I stopped to check my time....only to discover that my phone was GONE. Nowhere to be found. It was a windy night and we had hit a lot of bumps on the road. I realized it had bounced out somewhere along the way, but had no idea where or when it happened. I slowly backtracked & walked back the way I came. The further I walked, the more hopeless the situation became. Just two tenths of a mile away from my starting point, I looked down to see my phone floating face down in a deep puddle of cold, muddy water. At this point, most people would have been happier if they had never found their phone. But for me -- not so! Why? Because my Lifeproof case saved the day! As I knew it would, when I picked it up the phone after floating in that puddle for over an hour, not a drop of water had penetrated the case & my phone worked perfectly. Wiped the muddy water away, and on we went! So, so, SO happy I had my Lifeproof case. Hooray Lifeproof! Thanks so much for making such a solid, amazing case. –Tania L.
I just wanted to write you and tell you about my Lifeproof story. I purchased a Lifeproof case for myself and my wife off your website about 3 months ago. After completing the water test and registering our phones, we were off to the races. After using Otterboxes for the first year of our iPhone4’s, we could not have been happier with how the Lifeproof case felt, worked and protected our phones. That being said, I could not have anticipated just how amazing these cases were. About 3 weeks ago I took an early morning walk with our newborn to let my wife sleep. As we walked, I placed my phone on my son’s lap and played him music. We strolled around the whole morning without incident, and then I looked down and noticed that my phone was missing. I retraced my steps and came to one of the busiest intersections in the area. Much to my dismay, I saw my phone lying face down on the pavement right in the middle of the intersection. I watched in pain as a truck pulling a boat rolled over the phone and then the boat rolled over the phone. A few car rolls later and much cringing, the light changed and I walked out to retrieve what I assumed was my destroyed phone. I was stunned to hear music coming out of my phone as I walked up. Not only was the screen perfectly intact, but the phone worked without trouble. The only visible damage were two nicks in the plastic near the home button. My phone sat in an intersection for close to 20 or 30 minutes, only to emerge unscathed. When I got home I took the phone out of the case to check for damage. Not a nick, not a scratch and none the worse for wear after getting rolled over by a car. I cannot thank you enough for developing a product that goes above and beyond what anyone could ever expect. Since that day I have told every person I know about these cases and now I am happy to say several friends, family and colleagues are now Lifeproof.
Lifeproof and then some.
- “Six Seconds to Glory: How to Make a Great Vine Video” – PopularMechanics.com
- “Phone Cases from Lifeproof” – Military.com
- “LifeProof Case: Does it Work?” – America Now
- “LifeProof iPhone 4/4S Case”– PC Mag
- “LIFEPROOF Water Proof, Dirt Proof, Snow Proof & Shock Proof iPhone 4/4S Case”– Impulse Gamer
- “Baltimore Woman Finds Still-working iPhone Lost in Florida Waters Saved by Protective Case”– BaltTech
- “LifeProof case for iPhone 4/4S”– CNet.com
- “Best Waterproof iPhone Case”– Thewirecutter.com
- “Lifeproof iPhone Case Review” – Toyqueen.com
- “Does It Work: LifeProof iPhone Case” – Fox 6 News
- “LIFEPROOF – PROTECTION AND USABILITY, TOGETHER AT LAST” – Industry Outsider
- “LifeProof iPhone Case” – Inside Perks
- “LifeProof Your iPhone” – Baby Gizmo Blog
- “How Do You Protect Your iPhone 4/4S Investment? I Chose a LifeProof Case” – Mr. Gadget
- “LifeProof iPhone Case: Water, Dirt, Snow and Shock Proof” – Geek Mom
- “LifeProof is the total package” – Appletell
- “LifeProof is unlike any other iPhone case you’ve seen before” – MacDaddyNews.com
- “LifeProof is the best case for the iPhone 4…no other case even comes close” – MacDaddyNews.com
- “A more elegant solution” – MobileTechReview
- “The LifeProof Case truly delivers” – MobileTechReview
- “If you simple want totally protection for your iPhone, the LifeProof is the case you want” – Appletell
LifeProof iPhone Snorkeling / Freediving
LifeProof in the Snow
LifeProof'n Dusty's iPhone4
Join our mailing list to receive product announcements and special discounts.