Feel frē with the new LifeProof case for iPhone 5
SAN DIEGO/MUNICH – February 5, 2013 – LifeProof, the award-winning maker of all-protective, everyday cases for smartphones and tablets, today announced the European launch of the LifeProof frē, a water proof, dirt proof, snow proof and shock proof case for the Apple iPhone 5. The most recent in a line of industry-defining cases, the LifeProof frē provides protection from the elements as well as from drops, scratches, sweat, dirt and other hazards of daily living. It will be available in Europe from February 18. The latest case complements the LifeProof product offering for the European market including the iPhone 4/4s case, the LifeProof nüüd case for iPad and a broad range of accessories.
The LifeProof frē was custom engineered to protect and enhance the thinner, more sensitive iPhone 5 and to optimize every feature and function, including the speakers, volume controls, larger touch screen, and enhanced front and back cameras. The case protects the headphone jack and charge port, while ensuring they are fully accessible. Additionally, the case protects the speakers and microphones while actually improving the speaker sound, and the clear window on the back showcases the beauty of the Apple design.
The LifeProof frē went through independent lab testing to meet military standards for shock and impact protection, and has an IP-68 rating for water, dirt, and snow protection. In addition, every single LifeProof case is water-tested at the factory before shipping to customers. Yet the LifeProof case adds only 1.5mm of thickness to the footprint of the phone.
“The LifeProof frē for iPhone 5 is the world’s smartest case for the world's smartest phone. We're proud to introduce our sleekest, most elegant case yet to the European market,” said Gary Rayner, CEO of LifeProof. “We’re extremely proud to be able to offer a first-class iPhone 5 case to our European customers who want the freedom to take their iPhone 5 everywhere their life, adventures or work takes them.”
The LifeProof frē comes in both black and white and is priced at Euro 79,99. The LifeProof frē will be distributed through Belkin and at www.lifeproof.com.
LifeProof frē for iPhone 5 Features:
• Lightweight and sleek, weighs only 1.05 oz / 29.8 grams
• Water proof and fully submersible down to 6.6 feet / 2 meters.
• Ingress protection rated to IP-68 and completely sealed from water and dust particles.
• Shock proof to Military Standard 810F-516 to withstand drops from 6.6 feet / 2 meters.
• LifeProof’s CrystalClear double anti-reflective (AR) coated camera-grade glass lens delivers the sharpest images possible, with perfect camera flash operation.
• LifeProof’s ClearVoice system takes full advantage of the iPhone 5 microphone and Siri voice activation while in the case.
• LifeProof’s patent-pending Sound Enhancement System (SES) improves the bass and mid-frequency speaker response by utilizing the back of the case as a sub-woofer for a richer, fuller sound.
Mobile World Congress: To learn more about LifeProof and for a first-hand experience of the LifeProof products visit the LifeProof booth in hall 8.1 / L 21 at the Mobile World Congress Barcelona from February 25-28 or visit ShowStoppers Barcelona on February 24th.
Apple iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.